(or words of similar import) means the Scottish Vauxhall company that processes your personal information (as defined below) and interacts with you (for example, the entity from whom you purchase a vehicle or other services).
The documents you receive from any Scottish Vauxhall entity will identify the relevant Scottish Vauxhall company that you are dealing with in any particular instance.
- Autovision (Scotland) Ltd
- Mackays Of Dingwall Ltd
- Regency Car Sales Ltd
mean the person whose personal information (as defined below) we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our Websites, contacts us in connection with the purchase of a Vehicle and/or any goods or services we provide or otherwise interacts with us (for example, via a dealership).
means any website owned and operated by or on behalf of any Scottish Vauxhall entity including websites of our dealerships.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter 24 May 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR
) together referred to hereafter as Data Protection Legislation
and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.IF YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
Our website is powered by G-Forces Web Management Limited (“GForces”), our third party web services provider. GForces is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure. GForces is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security). GForces uses Amazon Web Services, Inc. as its cloud platform provider. All data processed by GForces is stored on Amazon’s web servers in the EEA.
When someone visits our website, GForces collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). GForces collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services, and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
Please note that any customer data or information you provide via our website may be used to deal with your enquiry and may be uploaded to our customer marketing database for future marketing preference purposes.
GForces also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our cars and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely. IF YOU USE OUR WEBSITE ENQUIRY FORMS
When you submit information using an online form, GForces processes the data collected and stores it for 31 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in GForces’ routine back-ups for business continuity purposes). We collect the following information:
- Your name, Post Code, Contact Telephone, Email Address.
- Your address details for brochure request and vehicle details for service bookings and vehicle valuation
If you enter your post code, GForces stores the first part of it (e.g. ‘ME14’ or ‘SW1’) and links it to standard internet log information already collected (it is used for the same purposes as that information, as outlined above).IF YOU USE OUR WEBSITE LIVECHAT SERVICE
We use a third party provider, Gubagoo Inc to supply and support our LiveChat service. If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name and email address if you provide this and any other personal information including vehicle details that you volunteer to us. This is used for the legitimate business purpose of handling customer enquiries in real time and then following up. This data is stored by Gubagoo for 2 years to enable us to access the information and deal with your enquiry. Gubagoo stores the information in the US under the EU-US privacy shield framework.
.SCOTTISH VAUXHALL DATA PREFERENCE CENTREUnder data privacy laws, you have the rights to:- request access to your personal data;- request deletion or correction of your personal data; and- request that your personal data be transferred to another person.Our online data preference centre helps you to exercise the rights that data privacy laws give you and control your personal information. It contains five separate forms, as set out below.
Any data collected through the Data Preference Centre is stored indefinitely or until we receive your notification – see “HOW TO CONTACT US” below.WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- See your data:You can ask to see any personal information that we hold (known as a “subject access request”) by submitting the form on the “See your data” tab.If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
- Transfer your data:By completing the form on the “transfer your data” tab, you can ask us to provide your data to a third party.
- Delete your data:You can ask us to delete the information we hold about you by completing the form on the “delete your data” tab.
- Change your data:If we do hold information about you, you can also ask us to correct any mistakes by completing the form on the “Change your data” tab.
- Marketing Preferences:On the “marketing preferences” tab, you can tell us how you would like us to send you marketing information, or ask us to stop marketing to you entirely.
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller or data process or in their own right. Please see below for further information.WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Websites.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located), IP address and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
- We will collect information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
- Non-credit-related marketing profile information (such as when you plan to service your vehicle, purchase or lease a vehicle in which you're interested).
We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our Websites, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Websites. We may provide our manufacturer partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about Website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us (or one or more of the Scottish Vauxhall companies)
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and
- to obtain feedback from you regarding us; and
- to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information.Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we will use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services as we have a legitimate interest and or contractual obligation to you to do this.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more Scottish Vauxhall company), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Websites and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by contacting us - please see 'HOW TO CONTACT US' details below.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by contacting us - please see 'HOW TO CONTACT US' details below.ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please refer to 'HOW TO CONTACT US' details below.RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
You have the right to request that Scottish Vauxhall companies delete your personal data in certain circumstances if you would like more information about this please contact us using the details below.THIRD PARTY SITES
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site (unless we have obtained your consent to do so). In addition, if you linked to a Website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
As part of the services offered to you through the Website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is to a country with data protection laws which are at least as stringent as those in the UK.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.COOKIES
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.HOW TO CONTACT US